Due to modern technological advancements, many individuals have gotten muddled on the entire business of graphic design art. Is it still an art? Many speculate. The response is that it still is. The only disparity is that graphics utilize special medium other than the conventional ones. You find that graphic design artist predominantly makes use of electronic medium such as photography, computer and a variety of print media.
However, the most significant element of the art is to make an expression. It matters not whether graphical illustration or text has been used, but the message being communicated.
What Makes Graphic Art Unique According to Peter Max?
Graphics as a form of art have been innovatory particularly in the advertising industry. Other fields also eager to tap on the potential of graphic design, such as philosophy, language and architecture make widespread use of graphical designing. Here is why says, Peter Max.
- It is a realistic art that largely utilizes the visualization notion. Commercials overly depend on its aesthetic appeal.
- Precision is enhanced. A small graphical illustration may be worth a hundred words.
- The stunning combination of millions of shapes, colors, and texts creates an easy to memorize visual product.
- Aside from being outstanding, the products of graphic designing have a charismatic effect to their audience. Simply put, it is appealing.
- Excellent optical communication means the design’s messages reverberate well with the requirements of the audience.
- Graphical designs that use both text-based and image-based designs can be used to target a particular position in the market. Therefore, leading to specialization which is very creative.
Prerequisites in Graphic Art:
It being a very flourishing and multi-billion dollar industry means that it is not for every enthusiastic soul out there. To leave your mark in this ground as a graphic design artist like Peter Max, there are few things that are a must-have.
- Possession of good skills is a necessity. While a design artist can always mediate with other design agents if needed, it is vital for him to acquire tremendous skills and vast comprehension of his trade.
- Creativity and flair. This cannot be frazzled enough. The achievement of your business is premised on this.
- Computer knowledge and skills in using software. Computer Assisted Designing is almost becoming essential in most designing fields including graphic designing.
- Marketing skills. The way you parcel your product and present it to the final customer can make the distinction between a success graphic designing career and a fading one. Marketing skills are as significant as the designing skills!
Future of Graphic Design Art
When all things are said and done, you explore the future. As a graphic artist like Peter Max, there is no enhanced way you can secure the future of your profession than to keep constantly learning and proceeding. Take short courses, attend conferences, and discover new tricks to always lead the group. Next time you watch that beaming commercial, keep in mind that the artwork involved is that influential.